Tuesday, May 12

Well Wishing Wednesday

I have a lot of time to make up for. My lack of Well Wishing Wednesday post last week left me with a lot of links that never found a home. There is going to be an awful lot going on today, so we better get started.

1. Might as well start with the funnies. I LOVE Can I Has Cheezburger! And there are always such cute posts. It is so true that cats are just like this and it makes me miss mine so very much.

2. Delta Whiskey had her own version of a Can I Has Cheezburger post recently...too cute!

3. Ooey, gooey and cheesy are the best ways to describe this Spinach Artichoke Dip from Picky Palate. I can't wait to make this for a crowd when I get home!

4. Since I missed Cinco de Mayo, I was intrigued by all of the great looking Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes out there. There were two that really caught my eye. Margarita ice cream from Cookie Baker Lynn sounds amazing and refreshing. The perfect ending to a heavy Mexican meal. But then there are the margarita cupcakes from Recipe Girl. Decisions, decisions... :)

5. Nutcase 101 tells a story that we can all relate to. Stuff like this always happens to me, so reading this made me laugh out loud!

6. I love the sweetness pineapple adds to savory dishes, my favorite being pizza. This pineapple fried rice from Coconut and Lime might get me to start liking fried rice again...sounds awesome!

7. So Good posted one of the grossest food photos ever...whole chicken in a can. Seriously, this is just wrong!

8. I love the addition of buttermilk to baked goods. It adds something that can't be beat. And when I actually buy buttermilk, I use it in everything. These Cranberry Orange Buttermilk Cookies sound awesome. I love a citrus based cookie to begin with so Two Peas in a Pod hit it out of the park with this combo!

9. Hot hoagies that are easy to make and delicious? Yes please! Thanks My Kitchen Cafe for the great recipe.

10. 17 and Baking is such a cute blog and her Cold War Brownies sound delicious. It is an interesting mix of ingredients, but I am sure they all work great together. And I love that she named them that because of homework...too funny!

11. Sugarlaws posted a recipe for yeast free cinnamon rolls and I am sold. While I am not afraid of yeast, I for sure like to not use it. This recipe is in my future...

12. Serious Eats featured a post about Gummi Bear Surgery and I laughed the entire time reading it...you have to check it out!

13. Finally, this Shrimp Scampi recipe looks devilishly good. The normal recipes on Eat, Live, Run are super healthy, which I also love, but this looks like a great meal when you are having people over.

That is it. I hope you like them. Happy Wednesday!

1 sweets:

RecipeGirl said...

Great suggestions... all of them! Thanks for including me :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio