Tuesday, October 21

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins

Can I just say how much I am totally loving these muffins?  Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp chose this weeks TWD recipe and she chose Pumpkin Muffins.  What a perfect choice for the middle of October!  These came together super easy and the only change I made was a substitution of craisins for raisins.  Craisins seem like the perfect pick for this recipe.  I totally loved this recipe.  A lot of the recipes in Dorie's book aren't ones that I would make again.  Not that they aren't good, but they just aren't staples.  They are "special" recipes.  This one though is a staple recipe.  You can find the recipe here.
I was able to make a dozen muffins and had a bit of batter left over.  I couldn't resist making a few in my silicone pumpkin molds.  Pumpkin muffins in a pumpkin shape...super cheesy, but you have to admit it is cute!

22 sweets:

Engineer Baker said...

Cheesy?! Those are just about the most adorable little pumpkin pumpkins I've ever seen :)

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Pumpkin shaped pumpkin muffins? Too cute! I think the craisins substitution is just right.

Mary Ann said...

So loving the fact that you used your silicone pumpkin pan again! Why don't I have one of those yet, is what I am wondering. I totally agree with you about these being a staple. They are soo good! Yours turned out super cute!

mimi said...

your muffins look great! and yes, definitely a staple recipe for fall as these were delicious! i love your pumpkin mold muffins, so cute!

Katrina said...

Love the pumpkin pumpkin muffins!
Love your blog, Sarah!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Cheesy or not I LOVE the pumpkin shaped ones! Those are adorable!!!

kim said...

the pumpkin shape isn't cheesy, it's perfect! :) great job, cranberry sounds like a nice substitute.

LyB said...

I love that you used your pumpkin shaped molds! I wish I had some, I would have used them too! :)

Alwayzbakin said...

They look delicious! I need to try them with craisins next time. And yes, the pumpkin shapes are VERY cute!

TeaLady said...

What!! No faces on those pumpkins!! Shame!! No, really, those are adorable. I have to find one. These look tasty. Great job!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Those pumpkin shaped muffins are adorable. Yes, I agree with you that these muffins are a staple - I'm going to make them often.

pinkstripes said...

Your pumpkin shaped pumpkin muffins look perfect. Yum!

Katie Barlow said...

Cute pumpkin shapes! I like it.

Adam said...

I really like these pumpkin muffins too. All of the TWD bakers did a real sweet job :) I gotta say though, your pumpkin molds set them over the top :)

SiHaN said...

the pumpkin shaped ones! awfully cute. haha. cheesy but soo adorable! Great job!

Jess said...

I love the little pumpkin-pumpkin muffins! I'm hoping someone puts a pumpkin mold on sale so I can snap it up. This is definitely a staple recipe...I made the "corniest corn muffins" last week to go with chili and that is my new staple corn muffin recipe.

Heather B said...

cute muffins! Great job!

Passionate Baker said...

aww, those are TOO cute!!
love itt!!
<3

Amber said...

I love the pumpkin shaped muffins, way cute. I just bought the book for $9.99 at Ross so I plan to join this week.

Marthe said...

I love your muffins: pumpkin-shaped pumpkin muffins?? Too Cute!!! Not Cheesy!

chocolatechic said...

How adorable.

They look wonderful.

Candy said...

These didn't last long in my house! Yours are adorable!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio