Thursday, October 23

Pumpkin Pancakes

Last weekend I went to IHOP for breakfast. I rarely go there and the last time I was there was about a year ago. I like to go for something different and knew when I saw the sign for pumpkin pancakes I knew that was going to be my pick. Their pumpkin pancakes were good. They had a good spice flavor, but I didn't really taste pumpkin. They probably would be more accurately named Fall Spice Pancakes. I knew that I could do a better job, so I gave it a shot.
I took my basic recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes and made a few additions. I added 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/4 t ground ginger, and 1/4 t ground nutmeg. I also added 1/2 c canned pumpkin. The resulting pancakes were moist, fluffy, just a hint of spice and an overwhelming pumpkin flavor. They were perfect. I drowned them in syrup and inhaled 6 of them! This recipe makes about 8-10 pancakes, so perfect for a Saturday breakfast. Try them...you will like them!

6 sweets:

ttfn300 said...

those look fantastic!!

Deborah said...

These sound delicious! A great idea for a weekend breakfast!

Debbie said...

Sounds good. I have a half a can of leftover pumpkin puree from my muffins....maybe I will try this! Thanks!

Mary Ann said...

Yum! My daughter's birthday is today (I need to go to sleep), and I was planning on making pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. These look so good. I might just have to try your recipe instead, they look great.

Amber said...

I just baked another 2 pumpkins, so perhaps for dinner tomorrow (I work at 6am so food isn't going to happen in the morning). I am beginning to wonder when I will tire of pumpkin, but so far so good. A little warm cinnamon applesauce & sausage would be good with these. I am so glad I am not the only one that inhales food.

kelly said...

i made this recipe today, and it was absolutely fantastic. thanks so much for the recipe!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio