Monday, August 18

TWD: Granola Grabbers

It's that time again...I feel like I am constantly pulling out my copy of "Baking: From My Home to Yours" and for the most part, I am.  I was super excited about this weeks recipe.  If you look at previous posts of mine you can see where my true love lies.  It lies with cookies.  And I know that I can make a mean cookie.  Just ask any of the Marines I work with.  They can tell you.  I was relaxed coming into this recipe chosen by Michelle of Bad Girl Baking.  If you want to see the recipe you can go there.

This recipe was different in that it called for granola.  I thought it sounded odd, but I went with it and trusted Dorie would lead me in the right direction.  I followed the recipe to a T.  I even found peanuts in my pantry and was able to use them after I had decided I wasn't going to buy them just for this recipe.  It was fate.  I did use dried cranberries in place of the raisins.  I just like them better and that is how it was going to be!  

The recipe came together really easily.  I realized after I mixed the batter together that I had added two extra tablespoons of butter.  I think that might explain why they spread a bit too much when baking, but it worked out okay.  This cookie is really good.  The combination of the granola, peanuts, almonds, cranberries and coconut was really good.  I liked these cookies a lot the day they were baked and I swear they got a lot better the day after.  They didn't last any longer than that since I took them into work.  

I was a fan of this recipe and will be sure to make it again.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the TWD clan thought of this recipe.  There are so many of us now, it will probably be impossible for you to not see a few of these posts today!

23 sweets:

PheMom said...

Glad you liked them too! Great job!

HoneyB said...

I was a fan too! Definitely a keeper in our home.

Lori said...

mine were even better on day 2, too. and they freeze (and thaw) very well, which saves me from having to eat them all at once. :)

Jules Someone said...

Yours lasted to day two? Wow. They look amazing!

Natashya said...

Congrats on the very successful cookies. I admire your stocked pantry, I love being able to make a recipe without shopping.

rainbowbrown said...

They look super yummy. Glad to hear a cookie expert liked them!

Engineer Baker said...

True love = cookies. Plain, unassuming, and oh-so-wonderful.

kim said...

yay for dried cranberries! :) hehe. they are so much better than raisins. glad you liked them!

Jess said...

Glad you liked them - I was so happy to do cookies this week too!

Jayne said...

Dried cranberries! Yum! I'll try that next time. Great job on yours!!

Christine said...

The spine is beginning to crack on my book. Your cookies look delicious and dried cranberries are a wonderful addition!

The Food Librarian said...

These look fantastic! Mine came out a little flat too - but still yummy.

Cross Country Bakers said...

THey look good! Great job!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Sarah, great recipe. I like the substitution of cranberries for raisins. I like cranberries alot more. Thanks for sharing.

LyB said...

They look delicious! I didn't use peanuts this time but I might in my next batch as my better half loves peanuts.

Mary Ann said...

Your cookies look very yummy and I am sure that they were. I also love your new animated pic of yourself, very cute!

Jaime said...

your cookies look great! glad to hear the recipe was a little forgiving, too

Rebecca said...

I think my other cookbooks are getting jealous. ;)

n.o.e said...

They were good the second day. Thank goodness for 'work' to take the TWD products to.
Nancy

Teanna said...

They WERE better the next day! Great post, great photo!!

Sharon said...

Yummy! This loks great!

Pamela said...

Eh...so what's a little extra butter in the scheme of things, right? :o) They look good, and I really enjoyed them.

Dolores said...

Constantly pulling Dorie's book out? I rarely end up getting it put away. :) And Dorie seems to treat butter as one of the essential food groups...

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio