Tuesday, July 22

TWD: Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler

Another Tuesday, another Tuesdays With Dorie post. Slowly but surely, we are making our way through Baking: From My Home to Yours. I am really enjoying the summery recipes everyone has been picking recently and this week is no exception. This weeks recipe was Cherry Rhubarb Cobbler and was chosen by Amanda from Like Sprinkles on a Cupcake. I was really excited about this recipe because it involved two things I hadn't baked with before...rhubarb and fresh cherries.
Things I learned: 1) You have to peel rhubarb...who knew?! 2) Pitting cherries is probably my least favorite thing to do. 3) I am not a huge fan of the consistency of rhubarb. 4) This recipe is really tasty right out of the oven, but room temperature it leaves something to be desired. This was a tasty recipe and if you are interested, you can find it here. Be on the look out for all of the Cherry Rhubarb Cobblers on the web today...there are well over 200 of us now, so odds are you will see a lot of them!

19 sweets:

Steph said...

I agree, it is pretty good out of the oven, but the biscuit loses its flakiness when cool and tastes kind of like bread.

Prudy said...

I've never peeled my rhubarb and it's been fine. I didn't use mine in the cobbler though, but I do make jam with it every year. I'll be sure to peel mine if I do. I love your first pic with all the cobbler dough-yum!

Mary Ann said...

It looks delicious! I didn't peel my rhubarb or pit my cherries so I guess it didn't take as long! It looks so yummy. great job

rainbowbrown said...

:) Pitting cherries is one of those "just exist in your own head for an hour or so" sort of jobs. I like it, but I can totally see "the least favorite thing to do" side of it too. Great looking cobbler!

kim said...

it looks delicious! and i agree with you on all points, hehe... my fingers are still cherry-stained...

Amy said...

You so need to get a cherry pitter! Even if you only ever pit cherries once more in your life, it's so worth it. Mine's plastic and it works great. Yours looks lovely, with the biscuits all falling down in the spooned portion.

Susie Homemaker said...

oh shizzle. i didn't peel MY rhubarb. it was fine! was i really supposed to? am I going to die?
yours looks yum - (geez i hope i don't die.)

Heather B said...

Your cobbler looks delicious! Great job!

LyB said...

I actually don't mind pitting cherries, funny huh? Your cobbler looks beautiful, all golden brown, very nice. :)

Engineer Baker said...

This is definitely a straight out of the oven dessert. Looks delicious!

Pamela said...

I didn't peel my rhubarb and didn't know it was an option until I started reading some of the TWD blogs. Mine tasted fine, but I don't think I would make it again. Too many desserts, so little time...

Bryan taylor said...

This looks good. I am not the biggest fan of cherries. i would have to substitute them with strawberries which go great with rhbarb.

Jaime said...

i love how cobbled your topping looks. the second picture is mouth watering. looks like we both learned a lot from this recipe - our first time baking w/rhubarb and fresh cherries! i have to say that while my method of pitting the cherries simplified things, it was still time consuming...

Dolores said...

I'm sorry this one didn't work out better for you but I'm glad you gave it a go. I also didn't know you had to peel rhubarb until I read the recipe. Learn something every day...

Nickki said...

Looks so good :) I'm not a fan of cherry pitting either.

Mara said...

i went straight for the frozen pitted cherries...they are so sweet and yummy! love your dough balls, i want to reach through the screen and eat one.

CB said...

I didn't know you had to peel rhubarb either! Cobbler looks great!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

aaliyah said...

I probably would have come to the same conclusion had rhubarb been available here in Lebanon. I never knew you had to peel it.

I had a blast with the cherries..long story.

Your cobbler looks very delicious and I really look forward to your post next week.

noskos said...

Nice looking cobbler!!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio