Thursday, February 14

I've been tagged!

I have been tagged! Melanie from the lovely My Kitchen Cafe tagged to share a bit about myself. On a side note, check out Melanie’s blog. She has some great recipes and I have a few of them printed off (if only I could catch up and try all of the recipes I want to!). Anyway, since she asked, I will share with you five things about myself…


These are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Five Facts About Me:

1. I am a Captain in the U.S. Marine Corps and have been in for over seven years. When I decided in college to join the Marine Corps, many people were surprised since I have a tendency to be a “girly girl”, but this has turned out to be what I was supposed to do with my life.

2. I have a problem where everything in my house/office/car needs to be in a certain place. Change the angle on a picture frame on the coffee table and I will notice a mile away. My friends used to have a field day with me when I was in college by just getting into my room and moving things a bit one way or the other.

3. If I wasn’t a Marine I would want to be an event planner. While most folks don’t think of the Marine Corps as the gateway to event planning, I think that would be a fun job. I would also love to open a bakery.

4. Random fact from my youth: I was a HUGE fan of New Kids on the Block and was convinced that I was going to marry Joey. My sister loved Jordan. I can probably still sing along to all of their songs. I know, it is sad.

5. I love being a single (with a boyfriend), independent girl, but look forward to the day that I can get married and have kids (even though that is probably at least five years from now!).

Okay, now it is time to tag five others…some of these I have heard from when they have visited my blog and all of them have great blogs that I visit regularly. You aren’t required to post if you don’t want to, but it would be great fun to hear what you have to say if you do!

Erin from Erin Cooks
Deborah from Taste and Tell
Sarah from Sarah's Cooking Escapades
LisaRene from Little Bits
Emiline from Sugar Plum

5 sweets:

Deborah said...

Thanks for tagging me, but I just did this same meme earlier this week. It is good to know more about you, though. We have a few things in common. I loved NKOTB - my sister's and my room was covered in their posters. And I do event planning, although it is corporate and on a smaller scale, and really not that exciting. I always think that I need to look for a more exciting event planning job!

Melanie said...

It was fun to read more about you! Thanks for being a good sport and responding to the tag!

LisaRene said...

I applaud your career choice, very impressive. Do you anticipate pursuing event planning in the future? Maybe you could combine the bakery with event planning!? That would be a lot of fun :)

Thank you for tagging me. My #5 is quite embarrassing and funny and I'm hoping I don't regret posting it.

Erin said...

Thank you for the "Tag" Sarah. It was great to read a little bit more about you. I too was a HUGE New Kids fan. Initially my favorite was Donnie, but then I switched to Jordan. I'm not sure if anyone ever liked Danny? Poor guy. :)

Erin said...

Ok Sarah, I posted my responses to your tag :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio